As per Hindu mythology Rahu (North node of moon) represents, head of the snake, and Ketu (South node of moon) represents tail of the snake is called as ketu. If all the seven planets are placed in between Rahu and Ketu then it is called as kalasarpa yoga. It is claimed that the person who takes birth in Kal Sarp Yog suffers from various problems like child problems, loss in business, family problems etc. But if there are no other major affliction in the natal chart then such mishaps need not happen as no single yoga is capable of spoiling the horoscope.
Significance of Rahu & Ketu
Rahu(North node of moon) represents unfulfilled desires of the soul; hence the native is will exert effort to full fill these desires in this life and very often soul will be obsessed for immediate satisfaction of the areas represented by Rahu. Ketu represents fulfilled desires of the Soul; hence he is likely to neglect the areas represented by Ketu.
However, very often Rahu dictates the native and there will be in periods of obsessive desire for recognition and "unearned rewards". When all the planets lie between Rahu & Ketu the native becomes too much occupied in one are of life and neglect some of the other areas of life and may fall in the trap of obsessive psychological disorder. Hence some of the negative effects stated in mythology may manifest in the life of the native but this yoga does not harm career or income & It impact relationships with others. There are quite a number of famous people who have this yoga and they have excelled in profession and family life. Hence if there are other Aristha yogas then the native may suffer in life but Kala sarpa yoga/dosha alone will not spoil life of the native.
Types of Kala Sarpa Yoga
1. Anant Kaalsarp Yoga/dosha : Rahu is in the first House and Ketu in the seventh house and the rest of the planets are left to this axis will lead to Anant Kaalsarpa Yoga in which the person is likely to be obsessed self glorification and self aggrandizement.
2. Kulik KaalSarp Yoga/dosha : When Rahu is placed in the second and Ketu in the eighth house and all the planets lie in between lead to ‘Kulik’ Kaalsarp Yog. The native may be worried about finance and family.
3. Vasuki KaalSarp Yoga/dosha - When Rahu and Ketu are placed in the third and ninth position in a natal chart and all the planets lie in between then it Vasuki Kalasarpa Yog is formed. This yoga impacts on 3rd house significations and one may suffer due e to brother-sister, blood pressure, sudden death and loss borne due to relatives etc. There can be sudden strokes of fortune or misfortune.
4. Shankpal KaalSarp Yoga/dosha – When Rahu placed in 4th & Ketu in 10th and all the planets lie in between then this type of yoga is formed. The native may have to face difficulties for domestic happiness, general happiness, comfort and conveyance and profession; however this yoga has the capability to confer windfall success.
5. Padam KaalSarp Yoga/dosha -When Rahu occupies the fifth house and Ketu the eleventh house and all the planets lie in between this Yoga is formed. The native struggles on account lack of wisdom, children and education.
6. Mahapadam KaalSarp Yoga/dosha - When Rahu is placed the 6th house and Ketu is in the twelfth and all the planets lie in between this yoga is formed and the native may suffer due to diseases, job and secret enemies and other significations of the 6th house. This yoga has the capability to confer power and success.
7. Takshak KaalSarp Yoga/Dosh – When Rahu is in the seventh house and Ketu in the first house and all the planets lie in between this yoga is formed. The native may suffer due to women, alcohol, speculation and business partnership.
8. Karkotak KaalSarp Yoga/Dosh - When Rahu occupies the eighth house and Ketu the second house and all the planets lie in between his type of yoga is formed. The native may suffer due to smoking drinking and company of antisocial elements.
9.Shankachood KaalSarpa Yoga/Dosh - When Rahu occupies the ninth house and Ketu is in the 3rd house and all the planets lie in between this yoga operates. The native may suffer due to fate and may find difficulty to succeed.
10.Pataka or Ghatak KaalSarpa Yoga/Dosh – When Rahu is in tenth house and Ketu in the fourth house and all the planets lie in between ; this type of yoga is formed. This yoga may confer sudden rise and fall in profession but native may have general happiness.
11.Vishakta KaalSarpa Yoga/Dosh -When Rahu occupies the eleventh house and Ketu in the fifth house and all the planets lie in between this type of yoga is formed. The native may suffer due to ego, progeny and education.
12.Shesha Naga KaalSarpa Yoga/Dosh -When Rahu occupies the twelfth house and Ketu the 6th house and all the planets lie in between this yoga arises. The native may become stingy and may suffer due to bad health and litigation.